Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days: My Favorite Camera Apps


It's been said that the best camera to shoot with is the one that you have - so in that case, the best camera for me to shoot with is usually my iPhone! I've captured a lot of memories over the last year on my iPhone, so I thought I'd share five of my favorite apps for capturing and editing photos. :)

1. Camera+ - $0.99 - I don't usually shoot with this app, because it's slow to load and somewhat cumbersome, but I do use it to shoot still life photos, since it allows you to have multiple points of focus. I also love the editing tool, called Lightbox, that allows you to import and edit photos shot with the standard camera app.

2. Snapseed - $4.99 - This app is sometimes referred to as the Photoshop of the iPhone - and even though I'm just starting out with it, I can understand why. It does have a fairly steep learning curve, but I've heard a rumor that Molly Newman at ReneePearson.com is going to be offering a self-paced workshop on the app... Can't wait!

3. Phonto - FREE! -This app only does one thing, but it does it well! Using this app, you can add text (in a huge variety of fonts) to your photos. Love it!

4. iQuikDoF - FREE! - As the name would suggest, this app allows you to quickly and easily create TiltShift and focus effects in your photos. All you have to do is mask the area that you wish to keep focused and then adjust a slider to blur the background.

5. Instagram - FREE! - This one may be fairly obvious to iPhone fiends, but I couldn't possibly make a list of my favorite camera apps without sharing it! I never shoot with the apps camera, but instead import my previously edited photos. :) If you're already on Instagram, I highly recommend that you check out AMPt for some amazing tutorials on iPhotography and gorgeous eye candy!

So, there you go, my favorite apps! I'd love to hear yours, too. If you have any recommendations, please share them in the comments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment