Tuesday, August 14, 2012

FALLing For You: My Favorite Fall Recipe

I'm not going to lie, most of my favorite meals are made in my crockpot. (I'm pretty lazy!) My favorite fall food is chili, and it's given a new twist in this recipe, adapted from one I found on this blog: The Architect & The Artist.



The Perfect Pumpkin Chili
Ingredients:

1/2 Bag Bird's Eye frozen Pepper Stir-Fry (contains bell peppers and white onions)
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can solid-pack pumpkin
1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. cumin

Directions:

Place all ingredients in your slow cooker. 

Stir, then cook on low for as little as 4 hours or as many as 8 hours. If you want to eat even more quickly, just put all ingredients into a stock pot and heat thoroughly (although I will add that the longer your chili simmers, the better it will be!)

I serve this chili over tortilla chips (my preference) or corn bread (Mr. Morley's preference) and top with shredded cheese and sour cream (though we'll be trying Greek yogurt this year!)


1 comment: