Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pumpkin Black Bean Chili



Note: This post is a re-posted, fixed up, tweaked version of a post made last year.

I'm not going to lie, most of my favorite meals are made in my crockpot. (I'm pretty lazy!) My favorite fall food is chili, and it's given a new twist in this recipe, adapted from one I found on this blog: The Architect & The Artist.

The Perfect Pumpkin Chili

Ingredients:

1 bag frozen tri-color pepper mix
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups chicken broth
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can solid-pack pumpkin
1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. cumin

Directions:

Place all ingredients (except peppers) in your slow cooker. 

Stir, then cook on low for as few as 4 hours or as many as 8 hours. (The longer your chili simmers, the better it will be!) Add the peppers 30 mins to an hour before serving to help them retain their color and a bit of "crunch."

You can serve this chili over tortilla chips, spaghetti, or corn bread and top with shredded cheese and sour cream. This makes 9-10 servings in our house, and let me tell you, it's even better the second day than it is the first!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment