Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Shopping Finds!

First of all, I apologize for the horrific delay in posts. However, I can PROMISE that there are a whole slew of posts coming up over the next few days, and I'm preparing for a REALLY SUPER AWESOME series of posts that will take place during the entire month of October. It's going to be spectacular! (... Yes, I know I'm biased.)

ANYWAY.

I just thought that you might like to see my amazing finds from our Labor Day shopping expedition to IKEA and Whole Foods... and to be honest, regardless of your opinion, I really want to post them. So there. Feel free to skip this post if you so desire. ;)

For starters, here are my finds from IKEA:


The two jars on the left are for Toby's dog food and treats... much nicer looking than the bags the food comes in! In front of them are new bath scrubbies and beneath is a cushion for my computer desk in the living room - both on sale! Next is my new favorite inspiration source - a coffee table book called "Love for Textiles," followed by a new set of Ikea Pruta food storage containers and some super cute owl shaped chip clips. Then, in the front are three candle holders that were on clearance that I intend to repurpose - you are sure to see another post about them in the future. :)

Next, my Whole Foods finds:


I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Whole Foods' prices were comparable to Publix's prices. :) The shampoo and conditioner on the left are paraben and sodium lauryl sulfate free and the ingredients are naturally derived. I am excited to see how these work with my hair. On the right are my crackers from my new favorite organic snack brand - Back to Nature - they were on sale this week! In the middle are walnuts, rolled oats, and pumpkin spice granola... all, of course, organic. Dustin picked them out! We tried the pumpkin spice granola tonight and it was AMAZING! :)

One last find:


I picked up this sweet deal at Publix this afternoon thanks to a tip from the Nails and Sales blog. Unfortunately, my coupons didn't work out quite as well as predicted, but I managed to get them for $1.67 each. (Quite a deal considering that they are usually $3.97 each.) I'll be sticking these in my pantry for holiday cooking. :)

Did anybody else go shopping today? Find any great deals?

1 comment:

  1. Aww!! I'm sorry, why didn't your couponing work out right?

    I didn't have enough coupons to do it your way but I managed $0.72 per box.

    ReplyDelete