Monday, October 7, 2013

On Doing Good & Going Into the World


We've arrived at the beginning of our second week of 31 Days of Joy Filled Learning!

To be honest, I feel like the little engine that could right now. I keep chanting to myself  "I think I can... I think I can..." as I write. There is so much to learn, so much to do, and so much to WRITE! I imagine that there are many of you feeling the same way on your teaching and learning journey. But, let's not get so wrapped up in the list of things "to do" that we grow weary in doing what God has called us to.

Galatians 6:9 (NIV) says it this way:

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

With that being said...

This week, we will be uncovering the topic of social studies - and I couldn't be more excited! 

As Christians, we are called to "go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation" (NASB) and that is my motto every time I plan or teach a social studies lesson. After all, how can we teach the gospel to a world that we know nothing about, or have no compassion for?!

We're going to start by uncovering ways that we can learn about our communities, then we'll move into our states, and finally into the world. Along the way, we'll discuss neat object lessons, simple projects, free resources, and I'll even share a few of my "favorite things." (But please, don't confuse me with Oprah!)

I hope that you'll join me on this week long journey "into all the world!"

Off we go!

1 comment:

  1. I love social studies! That is what I would teach if I was a teacher! I love to travel and experience new adventures! Knowing the world is the first step I understanding how big, how deep, how high is Gods love for us and how much He desires for Ono one to perish! Looking forward to your week!!!

    ReplyDelete